Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Some folks I admire

Something interesting happened at my company today. Without saying too much, the President of the company gave everyone a severe talking-to because of some crazy stuff going on with a few of the people who work here. It was a little shocking that such behavior would happen at our office, but it was mostly inspiring to see the president stand up for something vitally important (not that she doesnt all the time, but this was a particularly moving moment). Afterwards, I was talking to this GREAT lady I work with, Bettyanne, and listened to her take on the situation. It really made me appreciate both women very much. I couldnt help thinking how beautiful and powerful they looked. Theres something wonderful and moving about a woman standing up for truth and goodness.

Additionally, the last few days have afforded me many opportunities to appreciate the good people in my life. Oh, there are the usual suspectsmy parents, my brother, my sister. Id be nowhere without them. But I just feel extraordinarily blessed to have an additional network of friends who buoy me up and are there to lift up the hands that hang down.

Specifically, Im grateful for my friend Mike. Hes such a positive, brave, and kind person. Spending time with him makes me feel like Im recharging my batteries. Then there are my friends Melissa and Casey, who are always kind enough to listen to my stories and draw me into innocuous mischief. Without them, Id sit at home crocheting every night. Similarly, I have my friend Sokphal who is simply an inspiration. No one travels more, no one dreams bigger, no one takes the world by storm quite like this girl. And Reuben, if you see thisyou treated me like someone important when I didnt feel I was. Seanwho else would be kind enough to write me sonnets when Im nervous about going out with someone?

Clearly, I couldnt begin to tell everyone I know why I love them. Just know that I do, and I appreciate you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home