Wednesday, April 5, 2006

Some thoughts for the day--

Today we must take a moment to mourn the loss of Katie Couric. NBCs Today Show will not be the same without her perky personality. Its fortunate that a) they still have the one true love of my life, Matt Lauer, as host and b) I (Heart) 60 Minutes so Ill at least see Katie every Sunday evening. Im really glad I got to stand in a hallway with Katie back in December. Between her and Dr. Maya Angelou, I was kind of in a waiting room full of legendary folk. I loved it. I hope its not long before it happens again.

Im also loving Salt Lake more and more these daysworking downtown, I mean. Especially now that Ive become an old hand with TRAX. I walked around the corner the other day to pick up my April pass, and I was struck that SLC is kind of a real city. It was a happy discovery.

Another lesson recently learned: a productive social life seems to have quite a bit to do with momentum. Im pleased to announce the ball is rolling steadily along in my life, and I expect it to continue. No major breakthroughs, exactly, but enough of those happy little experiences to make it all especially worth itthings to keep me up laughing when I should go to sleep, things to tell my coworkers in the morning during the Rachel Update.

And on a completely unrelated and random note, men in short bathrobes are disgusting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home