Tuesday, August 22, 2006

And We're Off

Ok, so I'd just like to say that I spent the last 45 minutes in the ghetto paint program on my computer, drawing a basic floorplan to post to my blog or my pictures, but for one reason or another, I couldn't get it to pull on through. You'll all just have to wait in suspense a little longer. No more paint projects for me. I've got to get a scanner.
Also, no exciting pictures of the house just yet, because everything is still a mound of dirt. BUT I'm happy to report that my parents and I met with the contractors last night and everything is a go. The last of the dirt work is supposed to be finished this Friday (we've been waiting forever for some piece of equipment) and the well will go in in the next week or ten days. So that's something. I'm ready to jam.
Speaking of jam, I had my hair highlighted today and certain sections are about the color of raspberry jam. It's quite nice, actually. Kind of conservative-punk.
But back to the house. We've decided to add a little storage room on the back part of the house, behind the guest bedroom. It'll house the lawnmower and outdoor types of things. And there's now going to be a vault in the master bedroom, which will be kind of a nice feature. Flooring will be mostly tile and carpet, but I'm putting Pergo (or something like it) in the dining room-- don't worry, it should all transition well. I'm still thinking about moving my fireplace (pellet stove, actually)-- right now I've got it slotted for the center of the east wall in the living room (which will be the accent wall for sure) but it might be better in a corner-- it would give me some flexibility for later furniture placement. And I've almost decided to go with traditional windows over the divided-light variety. I think it'll add some authenticity to the Northern-New Mexico style.
Ooh, did I mention I recently met a dude studying architecture? He's a little weird, but might make it into the friend category before it's all said and done. Nice kid, but odd for sure.
Um, what else? Really, everything remains insanely busy... especially with church stuff. I have something nearly every night this week. I'm teaching Sunday School this week, and my lesson is on Proverbs and Ecclesiastes... seems like a lot to cover in just 45 minutes or whatever, but I'm looking forward to the challenge. On Thursday night I'm teaching a class on Entertaining on a budget. Tomorrow is choir practice (I'm joining a choir, watch out). Friday I'm going dancing. Saturday I've got two weddings and a baby shower to attend. Amazing. And here I thought NM would be boring.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home