Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Wow

So I basically have this policy of not adding "friends" I don't know in real life. It's just the way I roll, and I dig the whole MySpace scene for keeping in touch with the extended posse. But I think I need to do a better job with keeping up on the friends' lives.
Case in point: This evening I checked in and received a friend request from Erasure. OK, ok, I made the exception. Lame, probably, but I totally heart them. Anyway, for one reason or another I looked at my overall list of friends tonight, and can I just say it's remarkable to me how many of you folks are MARRIED these days? One of my little pals in particular-- it's not unexpected, but I guess it still just kind of takes me by surprise. Anyway, I'm happy to see everyone changing and life going well for y'all.
Things for me are new and exciting, too. The latest is that it looks like I'm going to meet up with Ms. Sokphal in London for a little bit of a European adventure this fall. AGGHH! So scary, so much money. But as Sokphal was good enough to point out, it'll be worth it. She said something to the effect of, "A new leather couch for your house? Eh. Memories with Sokphal in Europe? Priceless." She's also baiting me with Euro-hotties. We are now in the process of discussing where besides London we will go. She thinks we can hit two countries, and I think this is very good. The question now, which ones? I'm always up for some Polska time, of course, but I'm open to trying some new places. We've discussed Morocco, but word on the street is it's uber-dangerous. Anyone want to weigh in with their favorites? Pretty much so long as I get to H&M and Wagamama's, I'm cool. Oh, and I want to meet Sokphal's friend who looks like Morissey, just because I think that'll be a riot.
So, yes, things are well. A little traveling, a little house-building. A lot of working, but it's all very worth it and enjoyable.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home