Tuesday, September 5, 2006

Crikey and Hallelujah... No more white shoes

So I wrote a brilliant entry last night-- a tribute to our beloved Crocadile Hunter, an admonition to burn your white shoes (don't even wear them in the summer-- white shoes are so foul), and an update on my uber-fantastic weekend, hiking in Southern Colorado. Wouldn't you know, I lost it before it posted? Oh well.
Here is the gist and the nub:
1) I feel very bad about the loss of Steve Erwin. More men should be willing to wrestle dangerous animals in the name of preservation and environmentalism. I know it seems silly to mourn the loss of a celebrity I never met, but I do feel awful for his widow and children. It's like when you see a car accident on the highway and you say a little prayer for all those involved.
2) Best of luck to Katie Couric this evening... I hope she does well!
3) Colorado was the bomb, and I must be the luckiest girl alive-- how cool is it that there's a waterfall just about a mile away from the Sego compound? So fantastic.
4) Things are finally moving and shaking a little more with the house. The well is supposed to be finished in a day or two (getting the permit was a bit of a hassle, but that's ok). Oh, and I'm thinking about putting this great Mexican tile in the kitchen, bathrooms and entryway. It's good to have made some progress on the decision front. Now I've got to pick out the carpeting and a wall color, but that will come, I'm sure.
5) That is all for now... I'm happy. Love, Rachel

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home