Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Reuben was correct... as usual, your majesty

Any of you who know me personally (which, is actually everyone but Todd who loves "Fablehaven" and my BFFs Vince and Andy from Erasure and random people who read my blog because they think I'm the next Nobel Prize winner [please, oh please let me follow in the footsteps of Wislawa Szymborska and Czeslaw Milosz]) know I hold my little college pal, Reuben, in the highest regard. He is a beacon of goodness in my life, even though I haven't seen him for years and we're leading our very busy lives with many states in between. I honestly love this kid, and I should listen to him.
Hmm... that was a lengthy introduction to say I should be following his advice of censoring my blog a bit (as Reub did by removing old postings a few months back). Don't worry, it's not R-rated (I think, though my Chevron rhapsodies may be a little nauseating to those of you who didn't get to experience the majesty of his beautiful lips) but Reuben pointed out something that's obvious to anyone with common sense-- you have to be careful on these things. Word gets around pretty quickly when you talk about someone-- saying good things or bad.
Back in my earlier MySpace days, there was still a sense of security (false as it may have been) in writing whatever I wanted... bucking inhibitions and all. But there are some new people in my life (even in kind of remote ways) who have all my words at their fingertips... and it's only fair, because heaven knows I've been dusting off those old investigative reporting skills to learn about some of the kiddies I'm serving and serving with at church. So here's my disclaimer: If I know you, I'll probably talk about you. I don't plan to say anything mean, but sometimes people take things the wrong way. And I like most of the people I know, so odds are in your favor. I may even make a judgment or two. It's probably not because I'm particularly obsessed with you or I have extreme feelings about you in one way or the other (that is, of course, unless I say I do)-- but if it's going to upset you to read about yourself on this thing, don't read at all. And maybe it'll just work out for you-- I mean, I could be wrong, but Chevron probably didn't mind me announcing to the world that he's the world's hottest gas-station attendant and maybe the best kisser in the continental United States. Maybe...I guess we'll see, won't we?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home