Thursday, March 15, 2007

Sticky

Tonight I was at a play, selling hotdogs to all the proud parents who'd come to see their little ingenues/child prodigies/sunbeams perform. It was kind of weird. The High School auditorium still smells the same, but it's not as strong a scent. It makes me a little sad. And it makes me a little nervous that we were that bad when we performed back in the day. But still, several of the kids get an A for effort, and a couple really have the beginnings of some talent. I wish them well.
The really interesting part of the evening was I ran into a couple I've known for years. They're divorced now, but seem to be on good terms. I guess they're those cool new divorcees who love each other but don't want to be married anymore. On the one hand, I really respect that. But it also makes me really sad. Even people I've thought I've hated I still love. Does that make sense? I mean, I may hate what they do, but I still love them. Of course, I've been fortunate in that no one has ever done anything that bad to me, I guess. But that would be a sad day-- to hear that someone doesn't love you anymore. I guess what I'm saying is that once I've loved someone, it sticks.
I miss a few people these days. Some of the ones that stuck, I think.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home