Monday, October 15, 2007

And then some

Last night I was playing domestic diva. I'd cleaned my house over the weekend (including cleaning out my closet, which I'm quite proud of). In anticipation of some pals coming over for a little visit, I made some banana bread. As it baked, I waltzed through my house, congratulating myself for creating such an inviting environment. But then my friends called and cancelled on me so I watched half of "Emma" and went to bed. My thoughts, as I began to doze off, were "How sad that no one but me got to partake of this delicious banana bread and my comfortable home."
About ten minutes later, I heard some rowdy yelling and my doorbell ringing. My neighborhood isn't exactly what you'd call ideal, so I thought about ignoring it, but then my phone started ringing and it was this crazy guy who'd come with some of my other friends to see me. At 11 o'clock. P.M.
It was a fun time. I didn't make it to the gym at five this morning as I'd planned, but you know, I guess I'll just go after work. No biggie. It makes me happy that these folks would drive all the way out to my house.
This is not what you'd call relavatory, but that's what's happening. And it seems better, at least at this stage, to talk about the simple stuff instead of the more complicated things.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home