Tuesday, October 9, 2007

I was bored before I even began

Hello and word to my hooligans. I haven't written. As usual, it's because I've been involved in the majesty of a new something or other. And as usual, I'm back to the drawing board (or the desktop, actually) because the thing demanding so much of my focus and time typically allotted for sleep is no longer commanding my attention. I promise I'm not as fickle as I sound. It's just that when I find a situation, relationship, mania, etc. is causing more harm than good, I know it's time to take a step back. I don't necessarily want to, but I'm taking a big step back. I can see clearly now (the rain is gone). It feels like a game of Chutes and Ladders. Fortunately I didn't have to take the world's worst slide back to starting position-- just a little one (basically the one I ALWAYS land on). But the road is familiar and I know my way back up the trail.
In the meantime, it is autumn and life is beautiful. The weather is perfection. Yesterday I drove around listening to The Smiths, and fell in love with Morrissey again. A year ago today, I was on my way to Europe to visit Sokphal, soak up some culture, and see the demise of a relationship when I got home. But what a difference a year can make-- I'm no longer fettered by formerly cutting words and long-held grudges. I'm happy. I'm at peace. I have a cute Halloween costume. I'm poor as can be, but scrimping and saving isn't such a bad thing. I'm excited to be an aunt. I'm happy to be surrounded by people I love. I'm the queen of insulation. I've made peace with the fact that I'm basically a real-life Neil Simon character. I'm thinking about law school. I'm enchanted by New Mexico. I am the same as always, except maybe a little better than I was yesterday, and still better than the day before.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home