Friday, December 12, 2008

A few shout outs

1) I hereby publicly acknowledge Reuben, my personal favorite lurker. Reub, I feel ya! I'm reading ya, and I'm sorry about the bike.

2) Talk about Trevor: The other day, I (jokingly) told little Trev that he ought to read my blog. He was disappointed to hear that I'd never mentioned him (though upon further reflection I think I did in a posting a while back... just not specifically). So for Trevor's sake, I am here to testify that he's a cool little chap. I'm glad he's here and part of the circle of friends and the circle of trust. I like the way basically everything he says is ridiculous. I think it's funny he considers himself a big player (and calls himself "Big Sexy"), and that even though all the girls love him, we all think of him as a silly little boy. I like the way we play fight and make up. I like the way he mistakenly and inadvertently gave a girl we know a really funny nickname. I like how he tries to do high kicks in his tight jeans, and his Latvian pride.


Here he is after "The Dark Knight" at Russell's mansion:





And I feel good about my girls all loving him. Good choice, ladies! You could do much worse, and let's be honest... we all have at one time or another.

3) A quick acknowledgement of the Luna Mansion: For all you locals, you'll be sad to know that the Luna is permanently shutting down at the end of the calendar year. Word on the street is it will have its next incarnation as a bed and breakfast or a museum. I'd be happy with either one. The place has its problems (plumbing chief amongst them), but the food last night was excellent. Our waiter owed my friend Brad a favor, apparently, because instead of the Top Sirloin I ordered (and let me just say, I didn't even know what to get, as I really don't eat meat that often), he came out with this:

I don't know if you can really see it well, but suddenly to our table came filet mignon and lobster tail. Again, I'm not much of a meat-eater, and seafood is a mystery to this girl of land-locked origin, but it was really good. So, my friends, you have just a couple weeks left. Get your booty to the Luna and give these people a good send-off.

4) Extra love goes out to neglected Sokphal today. I am a bad friend because I never get to talk to this girl! Sorry BFF. I promise to write soon. And not just droning on and on about you-know-what.

5) A final pat on the back and grateful smile to MK for having my back and understanding my P.O.V. in a sticky situation.

Kisses, everyone. Work the mistletoe!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home