Friday, December 5, 2008

Taking the chain from off the door

Here are some things on my mind:
1) Ray was right about something. "Nick and Nora's Infinite Playlist" should have been called "Nick and Nora: Promiscuous Teenagers with Great Taste in Music." My favorite line in the movie last night was "I love you so much, it's retarded."
2) I'm pretty amazed at the way inspiration comes these days. I've been struggling with finding a topic for my Relief Society lesson on Sunday. This morning, it was clear as a bell: Forgiveness. I really don't get why people hold grudges and get so mad. It only cankers one's own soul. And usually, forgiveness is something I'm pretty good at. Lately, there's been some stuff that I had to get past, but all that anger and discomfort seem like a distant memory. In one vein though, I'm having a little bit of a harder time with it, simply because the person inflicting the pain seems pretty bent on delivering it over and over again. Last night I was with Lou, and I'm ashamed to say she saw me reacting to it in a much-less-than-dignified way. Sorry Lou! I'm really not that girl, I promise! So while I think it's a timely topic, I'm pretty positive this inspiration is to teach me how to be better at forgiveness than I thought I was. Ooh, there's a lot of rambling in this paragraph, isn't there? Still, you get what I mean.
2PS) Other inspiration: I had a really comforting dream last night. I went to bed pretty upset over something that happened earlier that evening, but woke up in the middle of the night from a dream where a long-lost friend was sitting with me and doing everything he could to make me feel better about the situation. He can't be right here in my life right now, but when I emailed him this morning regarding another topic, I nearly thanked him for what he did in my dream. I woke up at peace.
3) I'm cold, and I don't like it. When I woke up this morning, the house was 62 degrees, but I was too cold to go make a fire, and I'm too poor to use my heater. I hope that when Andrew and Nathan come to visit in a month that they sleep better in a colder house. I may have to buy some blankets. I wonder what is less expensive-- down blankets, or propane for a weekend?
4) Speaking of Nathan and Andrew, they'll be visiting in a little more than a month, and I can't wait. Of course, they're coming in late Friday night and leaving Sunday evening, so that doesn't give us a lot of time to do things. I'm thinking we'll go dancing on Friday after I pick them up from the airport (because Andrew wants to show off his country dancing skills). On Saturday, we'll go to Santa Fe and look at the Polish folk art store and harass the proprietor, who I don't have much use for (just kidding). Then we'll ride the tram and go to dinner at El Pinto. On Sunday, I'll show them off at church and then we can have a little pre-30th birthday dinner for Nathan before we are cruelly separated again. I love those boys! I can't wait to have them around so I can introduce all the most important people of my life to one another.
5) The cruise is feeling more real. I bought a book the other day about European cruises, and I look forward to soaking in a bubble bath (probably to warm up) after Ashley's wedding and reading all about what to do in Ephesus.
And now, to work! Gotta get things done, because the weekend is going to be fiercely busy.

1 Comments:

At December 5, 2008 at 5:35 PM , Blogger Grant said...

I think you need more insulation in your house. Try bubble wrapping your windows.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home