Monday, December 1, 2008

Just to let you know...

Ooh! Sokphal tagged me. She is my best friend, so I will indulge her.

5 Weird things about me:
1. I don't really think it's Christmas unless I've had McDonald's while decorating the tree.
2. I have a running list of the boys I've gone on dates with (I'm at 92, I think).
3. If I were ever to get a tattoo, I'd want Xavier Robert's signature on my butt, just like a Cabbage Patch Kid.
4. I don't have that little thing that attaches my upper lip to my gums, so I could pull my lip up really far. It's pretty gross, but they had to snip that thing (whatever it's called) when I had gum surgery in high school.
5. I have a huge crush on TV News Anchors. I especially love Matt Lauer, but some of our local boys get my heart racing (Matt Grubs!).

10 Years ago:
1. I was a senior in high school and finally feeling like I was coming into my own.
2. I got into a really embarrassing fender-bender coming out of school. This lady had her blinker on, but didn't turn like I expected her to, and I hit her. She was picking up her daughter from school. I didn't know the girl, but she knew me. She was a sophomore in Mr. Goff's English class. Mr. G was the local hottie teacher. I'd never had him as an instructor, but we were kind of pals, so I spent a lot of sixth period in his class flirting with him. He once physically scooped me up and carried me out of his classroom. It was magical. On my eighteenth birthday, he gave me a picture of himself.
3. I was so excited that I got into BYU. The day my letter arrived, I called everyone I knew. It took hours. The next day, I was congratulated on the video announcements in front of the whole school.
4. I thought my English teacher, Mr. Peters, looked exactly like Sting. I pulled out the old senior yearbook the other day and realized that he looked NOTHING like Sting, and was sorely disappointed.
5. I was pretty sure that I'd be married in a couple years. Hahaha!

5 Things on my to do list:
1. Visit India. I have a thing for Indian men. And Bollywood.
2. Get my picture taken professionally. I don't think this has happened since I was a senior, and even though I love the shots of me in my Rastafarian beret, I think it's time for an update. But it seems kind of stupid to just go get your picture taken, doesn't it? I'm waiting till I hit the next big fitness goal. Then I can justify it... possibly.
3. Get over my current heartache.
4. Actually finish all those projects in my craft closet and not buy any more of that junk. I spend way too much money at Michael's and Hobby Lobby, and I could really use the space for something else.
5. Finish writing my novel. Or actually write my novel, beyond the first few chapters, if we're being really honest.

5 Snacks I enjoy:
1. Popcorn
2. Chocolate or Peanut Butter Fiber One Bars
3. Puffy Cheetos
4. Jammy Dodgers and Fruit Tea with Splenda
5. Peaches, always peaches!

5 Things I would do if I was a millionaire:
1. Pay off my house faster.
2. Hire someone to do my landscaping.
3. Take a trip to Poland to actually deliver the hats and scarves I make to the orphanage for the blind.
4. Donate money to Los Lunas High School and BYU for theatre and public relations
5. Use my leisure time for good, but I'd still work.

5 Places I have lived:
1. Ontario, California
2. Los Lunas, New Mexico
3. Provo, Utah
4. Lublin, Poland
5. Salt Lake City, Utah

5 Jobs I have had:
1. Dishwasher at Catering by Ann
2. Reporter/Columnist (Valencia County News Bulletin and the Daily Universe)
3. Linens N Things Window expert
4. PR Guru (University Communications, Excel Entertainment Group, some freelance stuff now)
5. Queen of Insulation (Ray Sego Insulation-- without me, this company would fall apart. And speaking of that, I have to get to work!!)

I tag: Kari, Brecken, Lou and Reuben (hehehe! Reubs, you really ought to do this, even though it's almost as bad as a forwarded email from Bill Gates promising you money)

2 Comments:

At December 1, 2008 at 10:27 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I'm not gonna do it (out of principle...). You'd like the Twin Cities favorite Norwegian meteorologist Sven Sundgaard. Check him out.

Sven.

 
At December 5, 2008 at 11:27 AM , Blogger Kari said...

I'm sure you have more than 1 friend names Kari, right? You meant the other Kari of course... :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home