Friday, July 10, 2009

I'll Take the High Road and You'll Take the Low

By way of an update, I got the call this morning. I was actually in my doctor's office, and meant to silence my phone, but picked up. I would have felt worse, but my doctor was on a phone call with his wife at the same time. Anyway, I vented a bit last night, so this morning when I called my friend back, I didn't have to say anything negative. I was 100 percent supportive. Why? Because I love him. And if he is happy, I am happy. I'm over being harsh. That's one good thing about being a woman, and a forgiving one at that. So long as I can find an outlet for my less than charitable feelings, I can express them appropriately where I feel heard and then I can move on without doing damage to the person in question. Just needed the quick panic yesterday. Sorry about that.
Life is strange, for sure. I get to laugh about a lot of things. Yesterday, I saw a girl with a pierced back. Really. Her BACK. Why? When she turned around, I saw her stomach was pierced too. Not her navel. Just folds of skin. She was super skinny, so it just looked like acupuncture gone bad.
Also, as I drove home last night, I was on the phone with one of my friends. We were discussing our weekend plans. At a red light, I found myself rolling up my pant legs. There was no reason for this. I told him how funny it was, but I think he just thought I was weird. But later when I told Lou, she completely understood. Thank goodness for the good women in my life who get where I'm coming from.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home