Saturday, September 19, 2009

Report From Wedding HQ

So far, I've been no help at all, but I'm having a good time out here.
Got the late start yesterday, and made it just in time to watch C&T do their fake walk down the aisle, and then went to dinner. C gave me a nice bottle of wine with their label on it. I don't cook with red, so I guess my cousin will be the recipient of the re-gift, but I was really touched that she'd think of me. She's a very sweet girl, and I hope everything goes perfectly for her today.
So what have I been doing instead of being wedding helpful? Oh, let's see. I came home last night (opting out of the bachelorette party) and read for ages from Dan Brown's new book-- Mormon References so far: Just one. The book is a page turner, like his others. Had to force myself to stop at chapter 31. Anyway, cousin decided he'd rather stay in town than have his designated driver (ie, Me) go pick him up in the middle of the night, so I had a luxurious night of sleep. It's nearly 10 a.m., and I'm still in the jimmy-jams. My aunt just showed me this outrageous forward she got about Jesus naming the Antichrist (and of course, it's Barack Obama, according to the video from her well-meaning, politically extreme friend), and we had a good laugh, because Syl and I don't believe it, of course, but it is funny what people will come up with.
So I'm thinking I'll go to town in a bit to look for some shoes for my brother (my one assignment from the fam) and then I might drop in and say hi to my Artesia admirer Mr. Coffee. Truthfully, I wish I could just go sit on the porch and read my book all day, but I'm hoping I will actually get to be a little useful to the bride and groom. And speaking of grooming, I've gotta go do it. Wouldn't want Mr. Coffee to see me in the pink polka dot jim jams.

1 Comments:

At September 22, 2009 at 2:19 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

yo need a bachelorette party... try me...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home