Monday, October 26, 2009

Monday, Monday

Sometimes I'm glad when I've got the weekend behind me. Seriously.
Not that this weekend was bad. Just draining.
First off, the craft fair with my friends at the Valley Lutheran Church. Talk about a lot of work! I doubt this is a particularly interesting topic to most people, so I'll sum up by saying this-- I had the coolest booth. I also didn't seem to have much that anyone wanted. Of course, it was hard to tell, because I was in the smaller room with fewer vendors, but sales were slow. As a matter of fact, in the first two and a half hours, I only sold a $4 decorated bottle my mom made. Things weren't looking too good, and I overheard the bazaar director say that most of her vendors were happy so long as they just made enough money to cover their booth rental. Oh no! It was only $15! And, as a matter of fact, the one girl I did know beforehand probably wouldn't have made back her rental fee if someone we all know didn't go buy a few things from her at the last-minute. Most people left pretty disappointed. I came out with about $120 profit, but I'm not so sure I'm ready to do another one of these things anytime soon. I'm still putting things away at my house!
Anyway, Sunday was 95 percent joyful, so I can't really complain (this statement will become ironic in exactly two paragraphs). I got some sweet niece time in, and my little stone-cold heart nearly broke when Z didn't want me to leave. I ended up being half an hour (OK, OK, 40 minutes) late to Pam's, because I just can't say no when she's throwing herself into my arms and acting like she loves me so much. Oh, how I love my munchkins! Paizlee continues to poop every time I pick her up, and she's not too keen on getting her diaper changed, but we've got a good rhythm going, and I love her like crazy.
Also, last night with the girls was super, super fun. What wouldn't be fun about eating cheese curds and drinking herbal fruit tea (sweetened with honey-- oh, my heart!) and listening to our friend tell us a story about his HORRIBLE first date post-mission? "Pat" and I talked the whole way home (a service I always appreciate when I'm driving home late at night) and laughed some more.
So what was the 5% hang-up? Dennis. Dennis is gone, by the way. First of all, he told me that he's "dating someone in Utah." Um, yes. Thank you, Napoleon Dynamite. Bet you've got one of her "Glamour Shots" in your wallet too, right? No, I'm sure it's legit, but there's something so off-putting about the whole thing. I mean, boys break up with me all the time. Wait, let me clarify. Boys I'm NOT DATING break up with me. I generally have an exasperated laugh at their expense, but most the time don't bother correcting them because I don't want to crush their fragile little egos. And I'll admit it-- Dennis served a purpose for a time, but seriously! He's fun about once every three years, but the rest of the time, being with him is about as exciting as watching paint dry. Anyway, the thing that SERIOUSLY GOT MY GOAT was actually completely unrelated. I told him I was on my way to hang out with Pamsicle, and I mentioned that we'd invited this new kid, who I think I'll call Roman. Ro is a little new to our circle of friends, having only been around for about three months. We met him when he started coming to church. R is an awesome guy-- seriously the nicest person I've met in ages-- and before he came to the 'Tute, he went to church with Dennis. So when I mentioned Ro was skipping out of the Pam-Time because of homework, Dennis said, "Roman? Has he been going to church over there? We were just saying today we'd not seen him in a while." OH. MY. GOSH. Dennis, you are not only a menace, but a LOSER. How can it be that you don't notice a person is missing for THREE MONTHS?!?!?!?!?!??!?!? This is the height of self-absorption, I'd say. And that's what made me tell him he was a crappy friend. And that's what made me take his phone number out of my phone for the last time. Yes, there's my hurt pride with the whole weird, pseudo-breakup, but no one will be so callous about our new fav, Roman (my public apologies to Sokphal-- she happened to call me right afterwards, and I was still emotional... Phal, I didn't get a chance to email you today, but rest assured I'm back to my normal, confident self, and I didn't even have to burn D in effigy). This ought to be the last time anyone hears about him from me.
Anyway, I guess I'm still a bit grumpy, but it's mostly because I'm coming down with something. Zozobra has been kind enough to share the latest incarnation of illness with me, and I feel pretty crummy. This had best not mess with my Halloween plans! I've got a pith helmet to wear, after all. Tonight is a brief cinematic outing with the girls (because no one bothered to call us about FHE) and then off to bed. I've done very little today except go to Wal-Mart and assemble little presents for my mother's visiting teachees, but sometime you just have days like that I guess. Anyway, pray for my speedy recovery and for no more fake breakups and for more time with my pals and for Saturday plans. Oh! And the dinner with the mayor! Oh no! Trepidation and nerves are setting in!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home