Monday, November 30, 2009

If Only Jake Had Been There

OK, friends, say what you will about my blogger buddies, the confessors/Mormon Bachelors Jake and Calvin-- but I am thinking the reunion would have been a little bit better with Jake there. After all, he was my contest winner. Let's see if he does something great to make it up to me.
By way of quick update, I was just talking to my father about something totally unrelated-- specifically that I'm giving this kid a ride to FHE tonight. He doesn't come to church all that much, despite the whole RM, just-transferred-from-BYU-I thing. Nice guy. Not interested in him, of course, because military types leave me cold (no offense to my armed-forces friends-- I just never hit it off with those guys long-term), but I am interested in being his friend. I felt pretty great that he'd ask me about FHE and that he'd like me to give him a ride and help him transition into the Uni Branch. It's just a matter of time before he's our most popular guy, I'm sure. Go Phil! Anyway, my dad was giving me the normal "lock your gate and turn on lights" lecture, and then he asked if I was going out. HELLO! It's Monday! (Note, you can probably insert any day of the week in the previous statement, but of course I'm going out tonight.) Told him I was giving Phil a ride, and he gave me the 3rd degree. Is that even the right degree? Heck, I don't know. But he wanted all details. He was like, "Be careful who you meet or drive with alone." Ha! First of all, we won't be alone. Second, this is Phil. No prob. Third, and most ridiculously, when I mentioned that I'd not taken drunken customer home after the party the other night, he was like, "Oh, you should have!" My father, heaven help him, is officially crazy. Good thing I love that guy (my dad, that is, though Jake is a given, the jury is still out for Phil, and the drunken customer merits only a few warm fuzzies).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home