Friday, November 27, 2009

It's A Jolly Holiday with Randy

So my aunt is staying with me for the holiday weekend, and we're having a very fun time together. Very cool lady-- super chillaxed and all. We bond over the normal things-- shopping (though I think she was baffled when I picked up [no, I didn't buy them, but I was sorely tempted] the Miss Cleo Tarot cards at the antique store-- she's more of an Uptown Girl), music (and ok, maybe this isn't typical, because who else has a 65-year-old aunt who loves Kid Rock and Flo Rida?) and pop culture and gadgets. She's got a proud Polish heritage, and she's just sweet. One thing that has also been entertaining this weekend though, have been the stories of her neighbor, a real ladies' man named Randy. I guess I shouldn't blog about him by name, but Randy is my new obsession. My cousin Jordan is considering a visit to Auntie in AZ over the New Year, and I've begged him to steal one of Randy's Hawaiian-print shirts, which are part of his personal uniform. Oh Randy! I'm working on some songs to sing about him... I can't just settle for a Barry Manilow rip-off. I'll let you know how I progress.
Tomorrow is the reunion, and I'll be going alone. Don't hate on Jake (otherwise known as me, Reuben) for not coming down. I'm hoping hott, hott Alex B. will be there so I can finally confess my undying love for him. I think we could make it work. I mean, I know Mormons and Jews don't normally make great matches, but my Christmas tree looks blue because the silver branches take on the color of any light, and the little blue lights go well in my living room. I feel we could spin a dreidel right under some mistletoe and make it work. I'll let you know how it turns out.
Finally, I should say that I really shouldn't have gone shopping today. I didn't find any deals, and because I was actually already DONE with my Christmas shopping and wrapping (minus my father's gift, which I will pick up this coming week when things aren't so busy), I just bought things for myself. But I've gotta look cute for Alex at the reunion, right? Or if it's a bust, I might just find Adam F. at Papadeaux, because everyone should have a ginger-haired boyfriend for the holidays.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home