Tuesday, December 15, 2009

I've Got that Happy-Happy Joy-Joy-Joy-Joy Down in My Heart

A few notes.
1) I have now edited a post because I was insensitive. I am apologetic. Don't think I'll make a habit of it, though.
2) Last post=emotional constipation. Yesterday was double poo, and I am happy to have it behind me.
3) Fortunately, my life is super-duper beautiful. Here are some things I love:

* My little friends, the Tafoyas, extended a tender mercy to me by telling me their sister liked my talk at Young Women in Excellence last week. She was a really cool little girl. Actually, all those Haines Ward girls were. Their value projects were amazing! But it made me feel so good last night. I really needed a boost. I can't believe I'd not made the family connection. Also, I love that Goonie Tafoya. He's going to be a good missionary. Love that Adam Tafoya. He's going to be a superb husband to sweet Diane Hanks. I'm excited for them. And I love sweet Curtis Tafoya, because no one else can wear pants like that. Love, love, love them so much.

* I love my supportive, sweet and fun friends. Pam is pretty much the queen of comforting people. I love Daniela for being my phone advocate and pretty much the sweetest person who ever lived. I HATE that I never get to see my little Lou-Lou, because I miss her and her antics. I love Becca for laughing about another friend's convulsing laughter with me (seriously-- the guy looked like he was having a seizure-- we were worried for a bit). I love Jacob Hatch, because he's a really good guy. And I loved the booty contest, and that I got to be the judge.

* To elaborate on the big booty contest, this is what went down: In the hall, we were discussing who had the biggest bum amongst our friends. I voted Rudy. Some one else voted for Garret. I don't know if anyone really thought Jacob Dial's behind was nearly as big as it really is, but he got included in the experiment out of politeness. Now, before you think this is some cruel, cruel game, you ought to know that all three boys are adorable (yes, that includes my cousin, but not in an incestuous way) and are very proud of their backsides. Jeremy W. cringed as he watched me measure the contestants. Surprisingly, they were all within about half an inch of one another in size, with biggest going to Gare, 2nd place to Jacob, and 3rd to Rudy. You would think a woman as prudish as I am would not really enjoy the close proximity to these boys' bums, but the honest truth is all three almost use their butts to greet me. Garret shakes his or does Nacho Libre impersonations for the benefit of anyone who will watch. Rudy frequently dances over (even if we're not in a dancing situation) and I find his booty up in my grill. Jacob just kind of attacks from time to time. Boys are a mystery. Also, these boys are bum-touchers. Garret is a pincher, which is a little uncomfortable, given he is my cousin, and also I'm not a fan of being pinched, but he is funny. Rudy gives me a good-game nearly every time I see him. As a matter of fact, we were once at a baseball game and I said, "Rudy, you just touched my butt!" and he said, "Actually, that's like the third time, only you just now noticed." Jacob exercises restraint in that department, but if one day he makes all of his friends line up like at the end of a sporting event when people typically slap hands, but instead he gives everyone else a little love tap, I'll not be at all surprised. Oh, how I love them. How I love Becca for talking about one chap's ability to fill out his jeans, and saying another guy's bum was his best physical feature. I laughed. I loved Rudy's text, calling for a rematch, insisting that Jacob cheated and that he'd be doing his special butt exercise constantly for the next three months while he's away on his special PJ training (incidentally, the thought of Rudy going away to be put through that kind of awful, awful survival training makes me so sad-- I don't doubt his abilities in the slightest, but I just hate that he has to go through it... last night I started to cry a bit when we talked about it. I went down the hall to blow my nose. On the way, Rudy was good enough to give me a good slap on the backside to take my mind off of it. I love him so much!). The last word goes to Jacob Dial, though, who said, "Only a thin piece of fabric separates you from the majesty that is my butt." Um, yeah.

OK. I'm thinking I had more to say, but after the butt story, I'm having a difficult time concentrating.

1 Comments:

At December 15, 2009 at 11:49 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

hahahhaa I am laughing hysterically while reading this post and Justin cannot handle the fact that I am randomly laughing and he has no idea why! (He did like Jacob's comment though!)

Love you and wish you the best! Glad today is a better day

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home