Tuesday, December 1, 2009

On the way Out the Door...

I must say the following things:
* This month is going to be a good one. How do I know? Because I said "Rabbit Rabbit" as soon as I got up this morning, and that brings good luck when said on the first day of the month-- before anything else.
* I am excited for the new year, because I've got some great calendars already. My room will showcase this year's Mucha calendar, because it's tradition, and nothing is quite as inspiring as gazing at the work of one's favorite artist every day. My guests will be treated to the wit and whimsy of my new "ZoZo the Magic Queen" calendar, which I'm positively in love with. I know that I sound like an advertisement right now, but I'm obsessed with ZoZo. There's an awesome article about her in this issue of "Where Women Create" and you can get her merch at local places like Papers! and Cabin and Cottage. Both calendars are part of that little bit of luxury that I can't seem to live without-- the pictures are like oil in the cogs and wheels of my brain. Insulation and corporate America leave my creative parts kind of rusty. I am refreshed. I am a creativity machine.
* I had a successful conversation COMPLETELY IN POLISH this afternoon! It was awesome, because I'm so, so out of practice, but it made me very happy.
* This evening (within minutes, in fact) I am going to go see my nieces. I love them. I love their mother. I love their father especially. Last night Ben was at my house using the table saw (that sounds super hardcore, right? Not my saw, but it lives with me) and the poor guy nearly cut his finger off. His response to searing pain? He came into my house, holding his hand and said, "Um, Rachel, I just cut my finger with a saw, and I'm bleeding." How bad was it, I wanted to know. "Oh, crap. It doesn't hurt now, but I bet it will tomorrow. Thank goodness it isn't my trigger finger." Spoken like a true hunter.
* Had such a good time with my new friend Kristen last night. Her poop story was really, really funny. Plus, she got Jacob to "drop it like it's hot" so many times. She loves fiber like J and I do. I feel like it's the beginning of a beautiful friendship. Also, talked to my friend Chad today. On his own, he made mention of one of my favorite fiber stories-- the time he ate a ton of chocolate bran muffins at my apartment when he was in town interviewing for a residency. Poor Chad. I love him, and I love his new baby!
* My horoscope today makes me happy-- in the newspaper it said something about how I would be able to read relationship potential accurately. If that's the case, one of my friends is in big trouble! I hope for his sake, he's not, but I also only hope I'm right to a mild extent because that would mean I've got some good things on the horizon. I was going to copy and paste it from the Albuquerque Journal, but it read a little differently there--

Today is potentially very romantic, as the Moon and Venus enliven your sex life. If you open up your heart, you'll be pleasantly surprised. The Bull is slow to fall in love, but tends to be very loyal and committed, which makes it important for you to choose your partners wisely. You feel more intense, especially from the standpoint of the psychological motivations and behavior patterns involved.

Um, sure. I'm guessing my sex life WON'T be enlivened, as I don't have one. But I'm all about being pleasantly surprised. Or, um, not that surprised because I am in the relationship know. Regardless, this bodes well for December and beyond. I've got my eye on the "beyond" tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home