Tuesday, May 18, 2010

I am Jennifer Garner... Almost

Wanna know why? Because I kicked some serious butt at the gym this morning. Yes, yes, I know, one good workout does not a Sydney make, but I'm on my way.
Also-- I'm holding out for a Scott Foley or Michael Vartan or even Ben Affleck. I can't believe I put B.A. in the same category, but you know... I've decided to date and marry hot.
And most importantly, I keep thinking about JenGar's role in "13 Going on 30" when the little girl wishes to be "30, Flirty and Thriving." Don't get me wrong, I'm all about enjoying the 2-9, but you know, it won't be long before I'm there, so I started to compile a list of "30 Things to Do Before I Turn 30." It actually needs some work. I'd rather not post every goal, but here are some things I think I ought to tackle in the coming year:

1) Get back on a horse. No, I'll never be a horse-lover, but I haven't been on a real horse since I got thrown as a Brownie. So I'd like to try riding again. I used to really like it when I was a little girl, and so the time has come.
2) Run a race. Any race. Let's be honest-- I hate running. I'm so much happier on the elliptical, but I'm trying to love running. And even if it's just a 5k, I wanna do it.
3) Host a seven-course dinner party for 10 of my closest friends.
4) Use up all the stuff in my craft closet. All of it! I've got too much junk-- it's like Michael's and Hobby Lobby combined, and I want to use it up and move on to other things.
5) Finish a draft of "The Hands Which Hang Down"-- the novel in my head.
6) Sell my creations and refurbished furniture at a consignment shop to supplement my income.

See? I'm definitely a little shy on the life goals. As I said, I've got a few others for the year, but I won't bore you with the really personal ones. But I'd love some suggestions for really cool things to augment my year. Comment away!

4 Comments:

At May 18, 2010 at 7:56 AM , Blogger starcakeastrology.blogspot.com said...

These are great! Set small daily goals for finishing that novel so it doesn't seem so intimidating.

 
At May 18, 2010 at 1:35 PM , Blogger Sokphal said...

P.S. And don't you be stealing my man Michael V! :)

 
At May 18, 2010 at 1:35 PM , Blogger Sokphal said...

Yeah!!! I love this list and I love that you are reunited with your FRIEND the gym. I think the trainer that I met yesterday summed it up for me pretty well. He too is a runner, but he said "I don't love running, but I love how it makes me feel afterwards". Ditto! I know that some people feel the same way about the gym. Anyways, longest response ever but if I was back in NM, I'd give you a high Ten! Keep up with that list! :)

 
At May 18, 2010 at 1:59 PM , Blogger Rachel said...

I can't believe I forgot another big one--
7) Try being a vegetarian for a month.
Seriously, it's not something I really think I'd want to do long-term, but I like the idea of a challenge. I'm thinking June will be my meatless month, just for a change of pace.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home