Monday, May 17, 2010

Is it just me, Or Am I really getting Better Looking Every Day?

Chums and Chummettes!
Wanna know why I've been missing in action recently? Well, I'll be happy to tell you. It's because I have a great life! Blogging, of course, is part of that, but I've been out and about doing stuff, so here's the run-down. I don't even remember the last thing I posted about... cutting Jake's hair?
Actually, before I can tell you all about my awesome-blossom life, I will vent and say that I'm uber-mad at my cousin Garret, who convinced B.J. to shave his beard (I'm crying, I'm crying!), and he got a real haircut the other day, and now I feel like a pedophile sitting next to him. Older women make beautiful lovers and such, but my boy-bestie looks like my imaginary adorable nephew right now. Bring back the scruff, I say!
Anyway, enough about Jacob's smooth, smooth face (which is actually adorable in any incarnation... I must not complain!). This is what I have been up to for the past few days:
* Attended a rockin' Cinco de Mayo party at Karla's. That girl went all out with delicious Mexican food and even homemade Horchata. We played "gira la botella" and I'm pretty relieved to say JdL is no longer the last boy I've kissed, even though I thought I'd die of embarrassment during the very public osculation.
* Went to Utah for my friend Mike's wedding to my friend Melanie. Fun to be friends with the bride AND the groom, don't ya think? Whilst in the land of Deseret, I saw my favorite former roommates (congrats to Amber for getting her Master's Degree in Social Work!!) and did some fun shopping. If you're in the SLC, do yourself a favor and go to Emily Jane, the world's best consignment shop, and Three French Hens, the prettiest, sparkliest store ever! TFH sells merch by my favorite designer, Zozo the Magic Queen, and I was basically in glitter heaven. I feel inspired. Stayed in a great condo in Park City, ate at the Sensuous Sandwich (Thanks Perfect Spencer!) and Kneaders, and kicked it a bit at the Brigham. I felt pretty great pulling up to the visitor parking area and shouting "Alumnus!" before they could ask me if I was a student. Felt even better when a girl at the Cougareat told me I looked 23. I love you, Utah!
* I celebrated another year of life last week with so many people I loved. Sokphal made her first visit to the Land of Enchantment, and I think we may have won her over-- don't know if it was the turquoise, Bandelier, or just doing crafts with my mom and her crazy friends that she liked the best, but it was AWESOME having her around! Other great highlights of the constant birthday celebration include but are not limited to:

- The best birthday lunch ever, courtesy Claire and Trish
- The coolest looking birthday cake ever, courtesy Aunt Sylvia-- it was shaped like a globe-- how awesome is that?
-Getting a lifetime supply of gum from Katie and Rich (they know how much I like to kiss, and their gift will facilitate that very nicely)
- Great, great sale at Vintage and More, one of my favorite 4th Street Antique Shops
- Dancing like a beast on Friday night
- Spending time with so many of the people I love (Lou, T, Mr. Dawson, Sylvia, Trish, Bev, Pam N., Pam A., Claire, Sister Frances, and of course, my rockin' family)

All in all, it was the best long weekend ever! I'm happy to say I'm ready to get back to work, though. My poor little desk has been neglected for several days, and the work-a-holic in me is itching to do some paperwork. Possibly. Or maybe it's just that I want to bust through that so I can work on my latest projects (water bottle flowers, my friends-- just wait for the pics!-- and plaster ceiling tiles), or just read another one of those Amelia Peabody mysteries. Oh! I'm not sure I can handle one more happy thing!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home