Sunday, August 29, 2010

Greetings From Middle America

So my mom and I DID end up going to Milwaukee for cousin's wedding. We've had an excellent trip, and I'd like to tell you everything about it, but it's still a bit of a blur. Normally I wouldn't blog from abroad, but I'm trying to kill 17 minutes to be able to do some online check-in. So here have been a few highlights from the trip:
* Seeing lots and lots of cousins, including some I've never met before (a picture of me with my cousin Vince Vaughn to follow when I get back to a scanner)
* Going to Mass. Twice. Haha! I asked Pam if that would get me off the hook for missing our church, and she said yes. Once was at St. Josephat's Basilica, which is where my great-grandparents and many aunts and uncles were married.
* Going to the cemetery and taking rubbings of the gravestones.
* Finding some wicked-cool things for the boutique at antique stores.
* Eating Kopp's frozen custard
* Eating Polish food! Woo hoo!
* Shopping at H&M. I know, I know. The last time I was in one was actually in Athens, and Summer, Jim and Julia probably wanted to kill me, but there aren't any around in NM. I heart H&M!!
* Receiving a surprise phone call from Louise this morning... FROM THE PHILLIP INES!

Anyway, it has been wonderful. My two sweet aunts, Sophie and Katie, are about the most wonderful ladies in the world, and we've driven all over. I'm pretty sure they'll be pretty relieved that they'll finally be able to rest after a busy long weekend.

So next, back to NM to see my long-lost Pam, and even longer-lost Josh (who will be getting lost again soon, unfortunately). Details to follow. Na razie!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home