Friday, August 6, 2010

Thoughts from the Office on a Friday Night

It's hot in my little office tonight, as it often is in the summer. It's the one room in my parents' house that never cools off and never warms up in the winter. It's 6 p.m., and I sit here typing because... well, honestly, because my brain misfired today, and I found myself not getting anything done! And so, as I wait for one of my friends to fly in from Germany (I'm picking her up from the airport, but her flight is rather delayed), I half-heartedly invoice to make up for all the wasted time, but my head's still not in it. Hence...
Here are some things I've been thinking about today:

* If I'd not been friends with Heather D. in the newsroom, I might have never become acquainted with my college best friend, who was her boyfriend, briefly (Black-widow theorists, calm yourselves-- I had nothing to do with the breakup).
* I really need to go to Hobby Lobby to buy some more Kelly Green RIT for the slips I dyed last night that turned out spotty.
* Should I really try to overcome the crowds and shop the tax-free weekend? And with what money?
* I need an Rx refill (I heart you, birth control!) but I don't want to go to Wal-Mart.
* Will I get Tresann and Justin their baby gift before little Miss Ellie Mae, born today, outgrows it? (Please note, my birth-control comment is not related to the Dawson baby. I love babies, and my skin loves Tri-Sprintec.)
* It's a bit of a shame that I didn't get to see my sister's orange hair before she fixed it.

Now, admit it-- wouldn't you find such thoughts interesting enough to distract from paperwork?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home