Monday, May 19, 2008

A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes

After a wicked weekend (in both good and bad ways), I woke up this morning having had the best dream. Walt Disney took me on a tour of Disneyland, and we ate at Club 33. It was amazing! Plus my friends Pam and Amy were Paris Hilton-esque celebutantes, and we had all kinds of special access. I think this dream is a reaction to the fact that not one, not two, but THREE vacations I'd planned this year have fallen through. First it was my European cruise. Then I thought I'd go to California. When those didn't pan out, it looked like I'd be in Chicago for a long weekend, but no dice. On the plus side, my vacation fund continues to grow slowly but surely, so one of these days I'll be able to take off without a second thought. That's pretty good, I guess.
So the weekend was a little crazy. It started off a little rough with a very busy day at work (don't even ask) and just went downhill from there. The worst? Getting rear-ended on the freeway. Thankfully there wasn't any damage to my car, and I was only a little sore afterwards. But it was one of those days where you keep thinking it can't get any worse, and then you find out you have a new zit or something. Ugh. Glad it's over.
Saturday was substantially better, with the number one highlight being my friend Shawn's wedding reception. Not only was it fabulous to wish Shawn and Andrea a very happy life together, but also it was fantastic seeing people I'd not had contact with in years. My friend Josh was Shawn's best man, and I FINALLY got to see Josh and Christina's oldest daughter (Christina's gonna have baby number three pretty soon, but she hardly looks pregnant). Also, I had a nice day letting the creative juices flow as I planned a bridal shower for my good friend Chris. I went to some of my favorite places I hit only once or twice a year-- Papers! in Nob Hill is the world's most inspiring store. I went to The Specialty Shoppe where everything smells like cake. And then I found a heck of a deal at Anthropologie. It was shopping bliss.
Anyway, all's well that ends well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home