Monday, September 22, 2008

Bits and Pieces

Still no word back from the Motor Vehicle Department. I'm really hoping this situation gets resolved soon. I don't like being a law-breaker, even a circumstantial one.
But in other news, AUTUMN IS HERE! I love that. I don't know that the weather today is particularly crisp, or how soon I'll start adding herbal tea back into my morning routine, but just knowing that the heat is behind me is excellent (note that I didn't say "summer is behind me," as I had a truly glorious summer).
A quick update: Remember that project of Ashely's for school? The recycled clothing fashion show? Well, here's what she and I came up with. It's less modest than I wanted (by a long-shot), but it's still kind of fun.

Here's a picture of the hair-do Ashley did, just food good measure (otherwise known as the best part of the outfit):


Anyway, I have a feeling that may be the end of my fashion-design career. Still, there are other things I can do. I had a lot of noble plans to make these cute jack'o'lantern ghosts this weekend, but I got a little side-tracked with other things. Other things meaning
Yeah. Ray was up this weekend (This is not a current picture, as you know... his hair is longer, and he's sporting some cowboy boots these days). We watched about a third of "Thoroughly Modern Millie." He's swell, just swell, by jingo! I miss him. I'm kicking around the idea of going for a visit to L.C. this weekend. But I don't want to impose. I only want to go if he really wants me there. I'm trying very hard to not be overbearing. I'll let you know. I'm glad we're friends. He's got some good skills.
And I suppose that's all. Work, work, work. Play, play, play. I'm back at the gym with a vengeance and pursuing some good projects. I've finally got a few solid ways to tie up some stories I've been working on, and I'm REALLY happy about that. I always know my characters well, but I never know what's going to happen to them. I'm glad they'll be getting some closure, even if I don't.

3 Comments:

At September 22, 2008 at 1:34 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Raspberries!

 
At September 22, 2008 at 2:57 PM , Blogger Grant said...

Oh...my...goodness. Did you just put your sister in a target bag and post a picture of her on the internet? Strapless and sleeveless?

Just a mite immodest? Hahahahaha.

 
At September 22, 2008 at 9:45 PM , Blogger Amy said...

From far away I didn't even know it was a sack! That's really cool!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home