Thursday, September 24, 2009

Auntie Maimed

So last night I had to cancel all of my social plans (read: choir I would have skipped anyway, dinner with J.R., and/or hanging out with Lou and A-- an invitation that sounded marvelous, by the way) because shortly after blogging yesterday, I tried once again to convince Z the orange and green shirt was a better option than the crusty Thomas t-shirt, and she totally head-butted me. In the mouth. So now I have this gross, bruised lip. I kinda cut my lip on my teeth, and swelled up like a blow fish, and so I elected to stay home, do laundry, and watch episode after episode of Gossip Girl, Season 2. By the way-- they killed Bart?!?!? I know this is old news for everyone else on the planet, but I was really surprised. I thought at the end of the previous episode that Lilly would just nurse him back to health post-accident. I'd even forgotten about him, so the funeral was a shock.
Anyway, I had a dentist appointment today. Normally Dr. Soto says, "Wow! You've got beautiful teeth," which is one of the reasons I like going to see him. That, and he's a super nice man and a great dentist. But today, there were no teeth compliments. He just said, "Whoa! What happened to your lip?" I told him about Zoey going all WWE on me, and he said, "It's a good thing you have that permanent retainer, or she might have knocked your teeth out." Then, he told me a story about one of his other patients who'd been kicked in the mouth while changing her grandson's diaper. She thought everything was fine, but after about a month, her tooth was totally discolored because her gums bled internally and blah, blah, blah. You know, after all the time, effort and expense I've put into my mouth, I'm gonna be pretty mad if I end up with a black tooth. Or even a grey one. Yuck.
In the car on the way to take Z to meet up with her parents, I said, "Zoey, I love you, but now Aunt Rachel won't be able to do any kissing tonight." So I guess she felt bad and when I left and gave her a hug, she gave me a big, wet kiss on the mouth. It hurt, but I love that little monster.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home