Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Which Came First? Chicken/Egg

I'm hatching a plan even as I type. But like a baby chick struggling out of the egg, I'd best not "help" it by talking too much yet. Wouldn't want it to end up dead because it never developed the necessary strength. Let's just say the incubation process is interesting, and I'm trying to appreciate it. In the past, I've spent my time on too many developed chickens. I'm hoping by letting mother nature take its course on this one, that things might work out better.
A few quick, unrelated notes:
*Went to the fair (briefly) last night with Lou. I love Lou! She was the best part of the evening, though there were other highlights. Like remembering DC locking himself out of his car a year ago, and seeing the youngest boy ever to sport girl jeans and emo hair (he was seriously like 8 years old). Unfortunately, it was crowded with the world's trashiest people, the fried food gave me indigestion and I didn't meet any nice Polish carnis. I did spit in the general direction of the rude people selling Russian merchandise (because they have been consistently rude to me in fairs and craft-shows past with their superiority attitude, claiming that Poland doesn't produce any amber {lies, you KGB scum!} and what not) but I don't think they noticed. I didn't feel like getting all political at the fair.
*Zoey has been sweet, but naughty today. She threw a big fit when I tried to get her to change out of her filthy "choo-choo" shirt (Thomas the Engine) and into something clean that matched her orange, stretchy pants. She cried like I'd beaten her to death, then I cried for being so insensitive. This child gives me lots of love, but she sometimes makes me doubt my fitness for parenthood. Not that I'm incubating any babies myself, besides my newest hair-brained scheme.
*But speaking of my barrenness, even my customers are concerned about it. Don't ask me how it gets brought up, but this nice little man who builds a lot in Socorro asked if I were married and I said no, and he said he'd be on the lookout for a nice, Christian man. I told him great. Never hurts to have an extra set of eyes looking.
Anyway, Z and I are off to the ballgame, and then I'm possibly off to a date. I look like I've been taking care of an 18-month-old all day, but I think my little man can handle it. Cheers, chums!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home