Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Feliz Taco Cabana

Sometimes I really have to ask myself if my brain fell out. My mom just said, "You don't have to go to Albertsons, I can go." And I answered, "But I need a lot of stuff from Taco Cabana." I walked by her while she was unloading the dishwasher, and I really like putting the silverware away. Don't ask me why-- probably because of that "place for everything and everything in its place" feeling of organization. I get in on some of these odd jobs working out of my parents' home. It's not always all insulation. So I even commented on how I love putting the silverware away, and then I just walked off, thinking about how with my hat on, I look like Fivel from the "American Tale" movies.
But at least I did have a reason to mention the T.C.-- as promised, I've got some pictures for you faithful readers of my late date with Sev, aka Steve Young's mini-me. And now that I look at the picture, no, he doesn't look much like Steve, but really, does it matter so much? We had a nice time, and our food was really good.
We sat under the tree to inspire a festive mood. We didn't really sing Christmas songs so much but a variation on Barry Mannilow's "Copacabana" about the Taco... Taco Cabana. It sounds dumb now, but it went well with the taquitos.

You know, I've gone with several gents to the T.C., and it's not such a bad place. Y'all know I tend to choose Sweet Tomatoes more than frequently, so it was a nice change. And at S.T.'s, you don't get signage like this:

The magical evening ended with...

Not exactly that. But Sev did give me a kiss on the cheek, which I thought was sweet. And besides, what's the point in kissing, when we've already done that dozens of times (thank you, spin the bottle)? I told his mom and sister about it on Sunday at church. Plus the whole Relief Society. Points to Sev. He is a sweetie.
Finally, this has nothing to do with the Taco Cabana date, but I saw this sign a couple nights later on a van at "River of Lights":

Does anyone else think this is funny? The startling part is the website underneath-- homeschoolmania.com. I'm doing a bit of a TAMN Frownsmile right now.
Anyway, in case I get busy and don't get to say it-- thanks for your readership. Love you all. Happy Christmas!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home