Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Oh, and By the Way

Tomorrow night is a date with Bachelor #99. And for the record, Bobby Hill is offended that he is described as Bobby Hill, and wants me to make it perfectly clear that we have not gone on a date. I thought it was perfectly clear, but just so you know-- tomorrow night I'm going out with Steve Young.
Not the real Steve Young, of course. Even though I loved him from sixth grade on (which is a long time), he lost some favor in my eyes when he wouldn't grant me an interview with the Daily Universe for the Education Week editions in 2002. Still, you can't hold a grudge against a family man, but remember how LaVell Edwards was gracious enough to answer my questions? So was Michael Ballam and Robert Farrell Smith. And a number of other people. I think my friend Heather helped me out with an interview from Orson Scott Card. So there, Steve Young Big Britches. Anyway, I still love the real guy, and have a cardboard cutout of him in my garage. I don't know where I got it, but it's served me well over the years.
In the mean time, I'm going out with Steve's doppelganger tomorrow night. We're just friends. I asked him. I got to thinking this morning there is no reason to stagnate at 98 (and no offense to whoever 98 was-- is it terrible that I can't remember these things?), and because Steve is moving in just a few days, and he's already on the kissing list, it's all very inevitable. I'm gonna miss the little guy. We're having dinner to toast to the good ole days. Ah, Steve Young the real, and Steve Young the impostor, how I love you both.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home