Monday, December 21, 2009

On its Way

I know, I know. If I were Lucy and you were Ricky, I'd have some 'splainin to do.
So explanation:
* I'm jamming five days of work into three (one down, two to go).
* I was basking in the glory of my date for the last couple of days (not really, but I will post pictures).
* I've been spending a lot of time with the nieces. Quality quotation from Zoey, tired after a long day of potty-training (and going without underroos, and being a "princess" because "princesses use the big-girl potty"): "I don't want to be a princess anymore. I want a diaper."
* STILL trying to get the house outfitted for the festive season. Finally got the tree up after some lighting brouhaha. I'm not putting the tree up in the study this year. What would be the point? I'm totally Mr. Ebenezzer "The Grinch" Scrooge this year. I think it's because I don't have children, and Santa can't really bring me an immaculate conception, or even just a boyfriend.
* But never fear, my little chums. I'm happy. Saw "The Princess and the Frog" and it gets two thumbs up from me, because I'm a work-a-holic like Tiana. I'm busting through the Georgia Nicholson series again, and I expect the movie version to arrive tomorrow via Netflix. Made some amazing Barefoot Contessa food last night, and I'm feeling like The Next Food Network Star. I'm pumped for NYE, and my part in promoting oral hygiene. Anyway, more to come. I promise. Someday. But now I'm off to the Club to bust into Ricky's show (otherwise known as Christmas caroling with the little loons who all think I'm their mother, ie., the kids from the branch).

2 Comments:

At December 21, 2009 at 6:13 PM , Blogger Melanie said...

I miss you busy Rach. I know, I bailed on the reunion, but I had good reason. Merry Christmas and a happy New Year. Let us spend some time together in the new year!

 
At December 21, 2009 at 10:57 PM , Blogger Justin said...

Can I just say we loved the package? The ristra is hung above the window with care, and Reuben can't wait to open the presents (but we are waiting nonetheless)--you are such a sweet "auntie" and kind to deliver the New Mexico cheer!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home