Friday, December 25, 2009

Holiday Greetings

I know there are a lot of people out there who get offended if you say, "Merry Christmas" rather than "Happy Holidays." I don't think I'd be offended if someone wished me a nice Kwanzaa or Hanukkah, but I don't get bent out of shape over semantics most of the time, and if people are wishing me any kind of happiness, I gratefully accept. I am of the "Happy Christmas" persuasion myself, but to cover my readers' bases, I hereby submit two holiday greetings. Please accept either (or both) with my sincere love.

First, the secular:

"May you have made out like a bandit today, and may you make out like a teenager next week."

And for those not put off by my religiousness,

"Friends, you are my brothers and sisters. I am so grateful God has blessed me with you in my life-- You are the answers to my prayers. May we all spend this special time of year (and hopefully the whole year long) emulating our Savior Jesus Christ. Not only is He the perfect example of how we ought to treat one another, but more importantly, He led a life perfect in every aspect, atoned for our sins, suffered for our pain, and was resurrected that we might live again, even as He does. May we strive to be like Him today and all the days after."

Regardless of your particular persuasion, thank you for being in my life!

2 Comments:

At December 25, 2009 at 5:41 PM , Blogger breckster said...

Your package was a huge hit! Thank you very much! The chilies are hung with care, the books are read/played over and over again, and I am going to have a lot of fun with my things. You are so sweet to think of us. Merry, Happy, Joy, and Peace.

 
At December 25, 2009 at 9:52 PM , Blogger Nikki said...

Merry Christmas of the religious kind! Keep up the great writing! :)N

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home