Thursday, March 25, 2010

Excuse Me, Mister

Here I go again... I'm trying to be a blog penitent, but a good, juicy post is going to have to wait just a little bit longer.
In the mean time, here are some notes:
* Had a dream last night about Calvin from "Confessions of a Mormon Bachelor Pad." He'd gone to school with my little sister somewhere and was in town for a formal. But because he didn't want anyone to know who he was, he turned himself into the cutest dog alive. We did a lot of frolicking and petting (in the cleanest sense of the word, I assure you).
* Speaking of frolicking, Jacob and I frolicked in Roosevelt Park the other day before FHE. We'd worn our Indian shirts, which was funny because you could see through them. Obviously, he hasn't been spending time in Relief Society where the mantra "Modest is Hottest" is thrown about, because you could see his underwear. Still, I thought it was pretty funny.
* Another note about Monday's park activity: The LDS Church had its first building in Albuquerque on Spruce Street next to said park, but they had to sell it because the park was full of unsavory activities in the 1970s-- you know, drug deals, prostitution, etc. My dad once told me "people were making love right in the park." Something about it made me really laugh. I think it was my dad's use of the term "making love." I told J all about this but I'm not sure he believed me. We went for a mini round of Frisbee Golf, but it wasn't long before we saw some very nice (and very high) hippies, as well as a very unattractive couple going at it. I took a picture with Jacob's camera, but he refuses to post it on facebook.
* I am currently obsessed with the Liberty of London line at Target. You should be too.
* I've been looking for a) good Indian music (but I'm not sure I want to buy the whole "Bend it Like Beckham" soundtrack, and I'll admit my knowledge of this sub-genre of world beat is extremely limited) and b) some good road trip games. My friend Katie is a superstar with those road trip questions, but I can never think of any. Got some good ideas?
* A Rest-in-Peace shout out to our local beef jerky guy, Steve. He was always super nice. Sunset Foods won't be the same without him.
* Congrats to Tresann and Justin. Baby Girl Dawson is going to be the cutest!
* I "need" an Easter dress. I know that's dumb, but I've been programmed.
* Zoey was extra naughty yesterday. I asked her to come with me to the kitchen because "Nama" made breakfast. Out of the blue she said, "No, I'm mad!" I don't think she really appreciated me cracking up.

OK. That is all for now.

PS. Just re-read this. I think it probably sounds stupid that we have a beef jerky "guy." Or had. But that is one of the benefits of living in New Mexico.

2 Comments:

At March 25, 2010 at 9:10 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

i think it is funny that you should talk about that church today! my mom came in town...and my dad and brother...for the recital and the ultrasound and we went looking for that church because that was the church she was baptized in! Crazy stuff!

 
At April 16, 2010 at 9:25 AM , Blogger Margee said...

I recommend the sound track for "Slumdog Millionaire" if you don't already have it. And the soundtrack for the Hindi Movie, "Wake Up Sid." "Rocket Singh" and "Kabi Alvida Naa Kehna"

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home