Monday, March 15, 2010

We All Scream (Except for Those of Us Without Voices)

It is now 10:31 a.m. Mountain Daylight Time, and 15 short minutes ago, I polished off a bowl of cold deliciousness.
No, I'm not having an emotional breakdown. No, I don't even like ice cream that much. But that's why I had a bowl of Baskin Robbins Rainbow Sherbet, and I don't feel one bit bad about it.

I would have liked a cone, but I could only find cake cones at my parents' house, and that would not do. Therefor, I was sated with a bowl of too sweet stickiness, complete with crystallization from mum's freezer.

Why the mid-morning splurge?

Because I CAN'T TALK. AGAIN!

On Friday night, Jacob and I went to a late showing of "Invictus" at the dollar theatre. Good movie. Very fun to listen to J's stories of South Africa and his commentary about the strengths and weaknesses of the film. Super funny that the man in front of us in line told me he looked like Neil Patrick Harris.


Personally, I don't really see it, but who am I to stomp someone's dream?

Anyway, Jacob bought me an Icee because my throat was sore (and because I think he was trying to prove that he can be a super date). But still, by the time the movie magic ended, my voice had flown the coop.

Personally, I'm getting a little tired of this sick bit. Actually, I'm just tired in general. I slept most of the weekend. I'm finding that being ill is a great way to save money. Of course, it also helps that I'm too stubborn to go to the doctor, even though I like my doc a lot. But anyway, I just lounged around all weekend and slept more than I have in ages, but it might have been too much because now I'm kind of hunched over. Basically I'm walking like Grandma Sego and wheezing like Grandpa Sego. They're both dead. I'm not, of course, but I don't imagine look but a step or two away from it. Tra-la. I'm off to rattle and hum.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home