Thursday, May 27, 2010

Time is on my Side

Even though I am 29, I am reverting back to being about 29-months old. How do I know this? Because I snack on dry Cheerios. They lower cholesterol and are fiber-ful and delicious. But I feel like I'm back in nursery just a bit.
I realized a couple of things this morning that I'm rather happy about.
1) Even though we're a little manic and overwhelming every once in a while, I love being a Sego. It means getting the job done, whatever that is. As I simultaneously invoiced, worked on payroll and bid a job this morning, I got a phone call from my brother letting me know he picked up some money, but he immediately got another call and had to let me go. It was fine because I had a question for my mom who was out running errands, but got an answer to the question mid-sentence from my dad, so we hung up so she could be effective and so could I. No one was annoyed or put out. We're just a fine-tuned machine. I love it.
2) After I gave up television a few years ago (not completely, of course-- I still catch the news and the Barefoot Contessa at my parents' from time to time), I became so much more accomplished. Well, I've been so busy recently that I've neglected my Netflix for a couple of weeks. If this trend continues, I might just have to give it up as well. Oh, I still love movies and all, but who can honestly prefer sitting down to watch "Il Postino" or "Caramel" when there is a bed to be refinished or swans to glitter or closets to clean out? Now if only I could find something else to give up so I could do some yard work...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home