Tuesday, June 1, 2010

"There are two sides to every question: my side and the wrong side." -- Oscar Levant

I'll be the first to admit it. I'm opinionated. And you know what? I'm proud of it.
Because if I weren't, I probably wouldn't have bothered voting at 7 this morning when the polls opened.
And I don't mind telling you that if you smother me, I'll think you're weird and you are social toast. If you are a man with a girlfriend and you want to take me out, you're gonna have to dump sister first, because I'm not a home wrecker. If you are going to try to tear me down, and tell me all the reasons I'm not good enough to be your employee, your leader, your girlfriend, your whatever, I'm not gonna agree with you. I'm feisty.
Of course, I'm not unreasonable. I'm happy to hear what you have to say. But if you are wrong, I'm gonna just do what I want anyhow.
Still, I'm trying something new. Today is Day 1 of the Month of Vegetarianism. Yes, I'm doing it.
For years, I've told people I would have no problem giving up meat. Now I'm going to see if I was lying.
Do you like the way I chose a "short" month?
Anyway, I'm not going extreme (read: vegan, because I think people who don't eat cheese and honey are nutters), but I'm just gonna see how hard it is, and how I feel at the end of the month. Much harder will be the month I go without processed sugar, but that's not on the list of "30 Things to do before I'm 30" at the moment. Let's see how June works out for me.
And speaking of working out, can I just say that I love my gym? The people there are really nice, and a pretty clean-cut lot. I'm grateful. I like seeing my 5:30 a.m. buddies.
Plus also, I'm hoping to make some 5:30 PM buddies starting this week, because I'm starting two-a-days on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays. Boo-yah.
Other random thoughts:
* Best part of my weekend was finding out that my adorable cousin and his adorable wife have a similar weakness for antiques.
* I might be allergic to grass. I sat down in a park last night, and last night I thought I'd have to amputate my legs (not really, but I don't have any Benedryl at the house... add that to the Wal-Mart list).
* The bed I'm refurbishing is not coming out the way I want it to yet. I'm not super happy with the silver leaf at the moment, so it may just end up with a new coat of paint. I can justify this because even though it will have been a huge waste of money on the metallic leaf front, at least I'm getting rid of things in my craft closet.
* When I go dancing this weekend, my friends will be out of town. Lou Lou moved, and Pammy will be at a wedding. Therefore, I'm just gonna dance in the corner by myself. I actually feel pretty good about this decision. I may also opt out of any partner dances, if the mood strikes me.
* Gonna go get a library card today. Hooray!
OK. Off to kick butt and take names. Or do some invoicing. Whatever.

1 Comments:

At June 1, 2010 at 12:23 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

You didn't choose the shortest month which is impressive! I can't wait to hear how it goes for you!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home