Friday, May 12, 2006

I doubt anyone noticed...

But I thought you might like to know that I haven't completely fallen off the face of the earth. Things have been surprisingly busy and hectic, but that's the way I like my life.
Anyway, it just seems appropriate to take a moment to reflect on this, the last day of being 24. Yikes! I'll admit I've been wiggin' out for the past couple weeks about the whole 25 thing... chalk it up to the stereotypical reflection the post-college set encounters sooner or later: that whole feeling of knowing you've been out of school for two years, and wondering if you've accomplished one darned thing. It makes me laugh, actually. I've spent my days trying to lead an extraordinary life, but it's still just like everyone else's. I first had that realization when I went to Prague with my friend Andrew. Here I was riding the rails in Eastern Europe, marching back and forth across the Charles Bridge and thinking I was oh-so grown up when I took a look around me at all the other kids pouring out of their hostels, writing in their journals, taking pictures with the "best friends" they'd met drinking Absinthe (don't worry-- I'm a good, nice Mormon girl and didn't participate in the last ritual) and saw that I was just like everyone else. But it was ok, and I didn't mind being part of a crowd for a change.
That said, it'll be interesting to see how 25 pans out. The day itself I have covered-- I'm going to a matinee of "Hairspray" (on my own, thank you very much-- if there's one thing I've learned from my time in the blogosphere, it's that finding someone to go to a play is murder), and I'm going out with some friends to dinner. But after that, it's anyone's guess how this whole year will go. I have every reason to believe it's going to be great, though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home