Wednesday, June 28, 2006

But still I'd leap in front of a flying bullet for you

Russian food is gross. I'm sorry to all you Mother Russia-lovers out there, but it's true. Last night I went to Salt Lake's famous Russian restaurant, Rasputin. Ick. I mean, maybe it wasn't that bad, but it certainly wasn't Polish (obviously). Polish food is heavenly. OK, ok. Polish food is an acquired taste. But once you get used to it, it's all very delicious. My advice to folks looking for good eats in the Salt Lake City? Stay away from Rasputin. You'll be happier choosing Big City Soup or Bajio.

Well, my tour of duty is winding down here at Excel Entertainment Group. There's not a whole lot for me to do but make sure everything is organized for my successor and to soak up all the time I can with the uber-creative folks I work with. I'm certainly going to miss them. They make everything better. For example, a few weekends ago I rented "High School Musical" to see what all the fuss was about, and I thought it was totally lame. However, on Monday we watched about half of it in my boss' office, and it was so much more entertaining. Granted, we were mostly making fun of it (and the people in the music department who all think it's the best thing ever), but I was able to appreciate the show a little more. In fact, I woke up this morning singing one of the songs from that blasted pop-culture phenomenon. Not something I'm really proud of, but I'm just saying the Excel crew managed to make a lot of things more bearable for me. And there really isn't another group I'd prefer to see "Superman" with. Hurrah.

Fortunately, things are a little slower this week, socially speaking. I'm still spending time with friends every night, but I'm not running around quite as much as I was last week (and I thankfully have no more plans with Chad the drug pusher [pharmacist]-- talk about the worst date ever!). On Monday night I was at a service project at a place called The Happy Factory (they make little wooden toys for underprivileged children all over the world) and talking to a girl I know who was also moving. She told me she'd been packing for three solid weeks and still wasn't done. YIKES! I've budgeted about three DAYS of packing time for myself. This suddenly makes me a little nervous. I'm trying to do a little each night, but so far all I've managed is to give away about 2 bags of non-perishables to Melissa. My goal tonight is to tackle the storage unit attached to my porch. I think I mostly just have holiday decorations and broken-down boxes from when I moved to Sandy in the first place. Plus a card table, and the bed I bought at a garage sale last summer. Yuck. I hate moving. It's only bearable thanks to the plans for fixing up a place of my own in NM. And who knows how long it will take for me to make that step. Ugh.

Hmm... I've been thinking about all the stuff I'm gonna miss when I leave the Utah zone. One of the boys in the music department told me this morning that sometimes he spies on me through the window by my desk. It's a little creepy, but almost sweet. And my little pal Summer (Happy Birthday, Summy!) told me all the great things she'll get to do with some of our movie promotions this autumn--I'm seriously jealous. Who doesn't like flying cross country a couple times a month to meet with big-wig PR agencies? And popping into the Big Apple to hang out with your friend, the oral surgeon? Guess Ill have to visit Petty on my own dime. And needless to say, NM wont be nearly as fun as Utah, because I'm losing a heck of a kissing partner out of the deal (sorry to all the folks grossed out by my mentioning it, but Chevron is just kind of, I don't know... captivating? Ambrosial? Mesmeric? Arresting? You get the idea).


Later
All right, folks. I just saw "Superman Returns." Y'all are gonna love it. I don't want to say much, but it's a great show. Any chance Clark Kent will be working at the Albuquerque Journal?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home