Friday, June 2, 2006

Call me morbid, Call me pale

Yesterday I did something I haven't done in years--I went swimming. Well, it wasn't so much swimming as it was standing in the pool, trying to not look stupid in front of the three men hanging out at the apartment pool area. Seriously, I haven't been swimming since my time in Cabo San Lucas--thats two Poland trips ago (do y'all love the way I measure time in BP and AP?). Anyway, I'd really forgotten how great swimming is. I loved so much about itthe smell of chlorine, Water Babies, and a new bathing suit; the feeling of your body working with the water; the way you feel after a nice hour in the pool. Have you noticed food tastes better after a swim? It's just a feeling of contentment. Now that I've rediscovered the joy of time at the pool, I might just enjoy the summer heat. And maybe I'll get a tan that doesn't come from a bottle or a booth.
The only other news is I think I'm moving. Still haven't figured out if that will be in SLC somewhere, or back to NM, or parts unknown, but I'll probably at least get out of the current apartment. I think I need to find a place that's not so hard on the wallet, and a change, as Sheryl Crow would say, would do me good. I think I'm going to check out the Sugarhouse scene, maybe the Avenues, maybe Midgetville. Those are the big, exciting weekend plans.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home