Thursday, March 22, 2007

And now for something completely different, version 2.0

I'll bet I'm now going to tell you something you wouldn't expect. Monthly, I play a game called Pokeno (like Bingo, with cards) with a nun named Sister Frances. Tonight at the Pokeno Party, Sister Frances told the group that she'd "been with" three men. Like, known them, Biblically speaking. Before she joined the convent. What was even more alarming when she told us that "Chris" had been her best. That's an awkward way to find out that you are the only virgin in a room-- I can't even count on the nun for solidarity on this point.
In totally unrelated news, I'm THIS CLOSE to getting in my house. The heating and cooling inspector is actually in the hospital, so we're all praying one of his assistants can inspect the house in the morning so I can get my final inspection tomorrow afternoon as planned. But what can you do? I guess I've waited this long, it doesn't really matter if I have to wait for another weekend to get moved in. But the really tragic thing is I'd lined up a moving party with this nice new kid I met at church. It's not too often someone tells you, "I live for moving people." I was really looking forward to spending time with him at 7 a.m. instead of the 10-Midnight chats that have been our standard get-to-know-you-better times. Mostly because I'm so tired. I hope that the offer will still stand if moving is moved back.
Um... I think that's all, except to say that I'm just an extraordinarily blessed person. Countless people have done some really special things for me recently-- things that I couldn't hope to pay back. I'm just trying to pay it forward, ya know? Because if we were keeping score, I'd definitely be in the hole.

1 Comments:

At March 31, 2008 at 3:12 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love playing online bingo and have been playing ever since I started university, I have been lucky a few times and had a few wins which have financed my personal life!! Its weird though when I recommend it to mates they don’t seem interested in playing, I think some people still see bingo as an old ladies hobby.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home