Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Waffling: Hold the syrup

So I really need to do something that will turn the tide, stat, because it's only 9 a.m. and it already looks like it's going to be one of those days. Yep. Those. Meaning the kind where everything piles on and you can't seem to catch a break.
I got to work about 6:30 this morning. Fed the animals, cleaned up a bit (Mamar is under the weather-- I know that she must be feeling awful because my parents' bed wasn't even made, and my mom would never just leave it), started in with the paperwork. I started getting business calls around 7. Seriously. Who opens at 7? Oh wait. Apparently we do. I stubbed my toe. I've got this headache that seems to be concentrated about an inch and a half above my left ear. My dad's partner called to give me heck about a couple of bids I gave. While on the phone with a customer, I managed to smash my fingers between my desk chair and desk (quite the feat, considering the chair arms are a little worn because they rub against the bottom of the desk-- don't know how the fingers even fit) and I had to do my best to not start crying. Can you imagine? You call and ask to speak to accounts receivable and suddenly the person on the phone starts bawling? Definitely not cool. Typing hurts. And maybe it's because I woke up a bit on the wrong side of the bed after a little surprise emotional turmoil from last night just before I went to bed. I know I say this all the time, but I really need a vacation. But I have to wait to drive somewhere until I get word from the MVD. Maybe I should call them again?
The good news is, I'm busy. Having a lot to do typically keeps one from getting caught up in being really worried. Unfortunately, I've always been a multi-tasker, so I'm doing my fair share of analysis and hair pulling to accompany invoicing, payroll, and various other paperwork tasks. I had a thought last night about something I could do to help myself, but I'm a little worried about all the implications and consequences of such a course of action. I guess I've got a bit of time to waffle. Sorry. That's obscure and stupid sounding. But it's all I've got today.

1 Comments:

At September 23, 2008 at 8:38 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

you're a good blogger.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home