Friday, January 1, 2010

Kissing Rudy Parsons and Other Things I've Managed to Do in the first 16 hours of 2010

Here's my 2010 so far:
* Had a blast at the dance. Woke up this morning and had a Shakira moment. My hips don't lie. I'm sore. That's how you know it's a good dance.
* Spread the word about good oral hygiene. I'm pretty sure I only passed out about 65% of the pre-pasted toothbrushes from My Minty Fresh Mint Bar, but I think they were a hit. As was the gum. How do we know? Because Jared de Leon caught Bobby Hill smooching Shea-Shea in the dark.
* Made an exciting business contact. Jacob brought some friends over to my house last night-- some Kirtland boys. Typically, my little brother doesn't like to stay at parties for more than about 45 minutes, but two of the three new-comers were not only avid hunters (be still Ben's heart) but also insulators. My sister-in-law told me this morning that Ben said "If that kid lived down here, he'd be my best friend." It was rather heartwarming. Even I liked this bloke which was a little creepy because a) he's like my brother's personality twin, b) an ex-boyfriend's face twin and c) only 21. But in case you'd forgotten, I'm a Cougar.
* Attended a birthday party for a 2-year-old. Zoey and all her little friends just about wore me out-- of course that has nothing to do with the mere 4 hours of sleep I had last night. But it was fun. I love my nieces.
* Priceless quotation of the evening, "Don't kiss me or I might throw up." Said to me. By someone I wasn't planning on kissing, even though now I just might do it to see if he'd really vomit. I don't think he would. I think he wouldn't be able to stop himself from kissing me forever. Haha.
* After a friend had an unfortunate experience with someone snogging his neck, I disinfected it with a wet-wipe. It was cold, but a good memory.
And that's all.
Just kidding! You wanted me to be a kiss-and-tell, right?
Well, let me just say that it was a NYE like many others. Jacob Hatch was sweaty sweaty, but I still kissed him on the cheek, and then had to rub my lips on his shirt. HRH AFK III (really) was a kissing beast as usual. I made the rounds kissing all my little boys-- Justin and Jeremy and Jesse, etc. Daniel was about to give me a hometeaching kiss, but I think someone got in the way. Sean Larson kissed me, but then again, he kissed nearly everyone. He kissed Elder Fryer on the head. I hope I don't get sick from all the germs Sean spread, but it was a bit on the comical side when Sean planted one on me in the middle of my insulation conversation. I kissed Brad, and I know he'll claim it was out of pity. It's his special way of trying to get me to make out with him, but who really thinks it's a good idea to kiss your uncle? Not I. I was going to kiss Henriques, but he's 5 years old (or 19, but whatever). He is the sweetest little boy on the planet. Carly Wallace made me kiss her on the cheek, but it was sisterly. I was posing for a picture with someone (though because I'm sleep-deprived I don't remember who) when Rudy came over to kiss me on the cheek. This is not such a rare occurrence, as I kissed him when I saw him come into the dance, long before midnight. Sometimes I'm overcome with my love of Rudy and I am consumed with passion. Anyway, he just likes to be in the pictures. When Kayla made him do it again, I thought, "Why not check something off my list of things to do before I die?" and I stuck my mouth hard against his. I don't know if K got a picture of not, but I'm guessing it won't be too attractive, because he just kind of fell over on my face and kept talking the whole time. Still, I think it lasted long enough to earn me the Kissing Kitty. As if I didn't already rule that award!
Anyway, I'm now looking forward to going home, building a fire and watching something uplifting like "Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby." I don't even have the strength to go to Albuquerque to use my 25% off total purchase coupon at Michael's. That's pooped, my friends.
I like this 2010 bit so far.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home