Friday, January 8, 2010

Stir Crazy

For years, my parents would have to take separate vacations. No, they aren't divorced. It's just that someone always had to stay home to tend to the business. Now that they are empty-nesters, I stay home and tend to the business. And I've been in Los Lunas for days, and I need to get out!
Of course, therein lies the rub-- where would I go and what would I do? I'm trying to not shop, so that's out (though I must admit, I'm sorely tempted by Michael's 20% total purchase sale tomorrow), and I certainly can't go out to eat. There are a bunch of movies I'd like to see, but the whole saving money issue crops up again. Plus, popcorn is my kryptonite. I love it more than any other food, even chocolate.
While my parents are roaming footloose and fancy free, I've been booking their hotels, finding them good seats for "Jersey Boys" and feeding the ingrate dog. I think Molly has made it her personal mission to be as obnoxious as possible today.
Why oh why did I not go dancing last night when I had the chance? Oh yes, I remember. It was because I was in bed by the time the thing started.
What I'm really saying is I've got a case of the Fridays, and I'm doing all I can to power through the paperwork so I can do something fun tonight. Tomorrow is booked with the Relief Society Conference, giving blood, going to the temple, etc. It should be a grand day, but tonight I want to party! Of course, I think it's gonna be a laundry party...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home