Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Summer-- It Turns Me Upside Down

There are three things I positively detest about the season between Memorial Day and Labor Day. It's hard to rank which is the worst in my book, so they are, in no particular order:

* Heat
* White Shoes
* Summer Sales Guys (with a few exceptions)

Can I get a witness?

Still, there are many, many, many wonderful things to love about the season, and while I was out running errands this afternoon, I made a mental list. If you are grumpy about the countless knocks on your door regarding satellite dishes and security systems (or worse, if these chumps, who inevitably wear huge, white K-Swiss sneakers are asking you out-- ick!), then I offer you my list to make you feel better:

Antiques
Amusement Parks
BBQs (though I'll be grilling all veggies for the month of June, my friends)
Camping
Cabin time in Colorado
Concerts
Farmers markets
Fresh produce
Flea markets
Flip-flops
Family reunion
Fireworks
Garage Sales
Gingham
Lavender Festival in Rancho de Albuquerque
Monsoons (if you are lucky enough to live in NM or AZ)
Outdoor concerts
Pedicures
Picnics in the Park
Parades
Rodeos
Summer Blockbusters (hello, Twilight!)
Summerfest (again, go Albuquerque!)
Tanning (yes, I do this in a booth, but no one questions it in the summer-- I'd look a little weird bronzed in say, December)
Weddings (expensive, but fun)
Weekends (because a good number of my "bosses" go out of town, and I get a little bit of a mental break)

I'll think of more, I'm sure... Feel free to add to my list.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home