Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Trade-Offs

Yesterday I know I sounded extra grumpy, and I wanted to do a point-counterpoint type of post that way you'd know I'm not jumping off a bridge or something, but pride kept me from two posts in one day.
So today is happier, I think. Sometimes things are tough, but you just work around that.
For example, last night I felt a little sick and didn't go to FHE. I would have liked to have gone to town, particularly to see Dallin and Daniel, my little heroes, and Pam who just got back from her trip. But rather than wallow in self pity, I went home and got to work. I cleaned out my closet, ridding myself of 8 paper grocery bags full of clothes and shoes. That felt good. I also finished my filter flowers (a beautiful project, if I do say so myself) and did a ton of laundry. I mowed the lawn and set up an appointment I've needed to make for weeks. I went to bed feeling mighty accomplished.
Though it's early, today has had its hurdles and successes already. I woke up from a bad dream where Pretty Boy George (thanks, Gerri) was dating a certain girl I know and don't particularly care for. Her eyelashes look like spider legs, and she walks like a killer. She's mean to a lot of people I love, so she's never really secured my good opinion. Anyway, in my dream PBG chewed me out while Spider Eyes looked on admiringly.
The good news? I was super stoked to wake up and go to the gym, because then the dream couldn't continue. Already today I returned a library book, dropped the clothes off at the thrift store, and did a little more house cleaning. On the not-as-bright-side, I found out this morning that Los Lunas no longer offers plastic recycling (boo!), and I got a rather dirty look from a kid who passed me at an intersection. So, you see, nothing to ruin a person's day-- just the ebb and flow of good and bad. Not eating animals is making me more philosophical.
PS. Great news! Debra and Sylvia are going to let me sell some of my smaller creations at Then and Again in Carlsbad! Whoo hoo! My glitter and I will take over the decorating world!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home