Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Vegetarianism, Day 2 of 30

I don't think people need meat to be happy and healthy, but I sure think the mental hurdle of feeling deprived is no good. Yesterday, no meat, no problem. I mean, yes, I thought it was a touch insensitive for my mom to cook some hamburger while I was still at the office, but in her defense, she did make me some broccoli. You know, I think that if I weren't thinking about it, there wouldn't be a problem at all. How many times do I go for several-day stretches without even noticing that I've not had meat of any kind? And I don't even want any now, but I strongly suspect that this is somewhat related to my wanting to pummel just about anything that comes in my way today.
I am grumpy in the worst way. I can't seem to get anything done today-- this is not a huge surprise, as my nieces are here, but it's worse than usual. A certain person who shall remain nameless keeps calling and adding to my list of things to do. The girls are completely grouchy and naughty. Paizlee has smeared Cheetos all over my shirt, and I had to take my necklace off because she's nearly choked me several times. Zoey won't have anything to do with me except when she wants me to carry her over to grandma. My customers are being demanding, except for the ones who owe us money, who are being frightfully elusive. My house is a mess, I never got around to making an appointment I need, and I generally want to grow crawl into a hole and not come out... ever.
Again, I don't know if this has anything to do with the vegetarian thing, but I don't know how I'm going to stand 29 more days of this if the trend continues.

1 Comments:

At June 2, 2010 at 1:52 PM , Blogger Sokphal said...

I want to see those munchkins again! So adorable! You can doooo it! You rock Rach!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home