Thursday, July 15, 2010

What I Do When I Should be Working

Listen, I love insulation.
Fiberglass is fun and Cellulose is splendid.
And now I'm likely going to spend a lot of time working and staying late to get everything done.
Why?
Because I've been daydreaming.
Some of it is pondering life's important questions like, "I wonder what ever happened to K-Ci and JoJo? 'All my Life' was such a good song.'" Part of the time I spent in the massage chair in my office (I don't know who thought it was such a good idea to put it in here, but after yesterday's long day with the nieces, I needed 15 minutes of peace and quiet. And then another 15 minutes. And, then (shh!) another). What's more, after taking a delivery of some wire rods at the warehouse, I snuck home to snap a few pictures of my house for a contest to have your house decorated and photographed by MATTHEW MEAD. Love, love his work. Don't know if my humble abode has a prayer, but it's worth a try, right?
Anyway, you'll have to excuse me. I'm listening to Maroon 5's new single and I should probably actually finish the 24 bids I need to send out in the next hour and 15 minutes. Oops!

8 Comments:

At July 15, 2010 at 3:30 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Fiberglass? Cellulose?

Rachel, spray foam is the future! Get with the times!

(yes, I'm mostly just trying to roil you... but you already knew that)

 
At July 15, 2010 at 5:11 PM , Blogger Rachel said...

Dear Reuben,
Let me see... you sound like a guy who would buy a bare-bones Lexus when you could have had a tricked-out Toyota.
Love,
Rachel

 
At July 16, 2010 at 8:50 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Is that a marketing line you use while selling? I can imagine you using that line on the phone to someone calling to get quotes.

 
At July 16, 2010 at 9:37 AM , Blogger Rachel said...

Haha! No, but maybe I should! Just kidding. I don't bully my customers like a used-car salesman. We're actually certified to install spray foam, but it really is expensive for what you get. Now, if you really want something expensive and even more gimmicky than foam, you could always get those cotton batts made out of recycled denim. I think people like them because they're blue, but once it's in the wall no one's gonna see it.
Anyway, I heart cellulose the most. I could list all the legitimate reasons why, but wasn't this actually a post about me slacking off? ;)

 
At July 16, 2010 at 10:20 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I'm not one for car metaphors, but I just want to point out that a bare-bones Lexus may, in fact, still be more cost effective than a tricked-out Toyota if one compares the lifetime costs of ownership.

(see? see how this car metaphor isn't really working out since Toyotas have a reputation for having an extraordinarily long and maintenance-free life?)

 
At July 16, 2010 at 10:43 AM , Blogger Rachel said...

What I meant is that Toyota makes Lexus-- don't they?
Reub, this is getting tiring. Just read my new entry and comment there! Love ya!

 
At July 16, 2010 at 10:47 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Oh, so you mean I'm the kind of guy that buys a bare bones Surly instead of a tricked out Schwinn? Yea, you're right. I'm totally that guy (except wait, I own 6 Schwinns and no Surlys....)

 
At July 17, 2010 at 3:35 AM , Blogger Leslie @ Farm Fresh Fun said...

What a fun blog! Love your writing style - mines so stilted and un me still... Good luck w/the Matthew Mead entry! Like you, I thought I just gotta try. Probably zillions of more finished n put together homes than mine entered tho... Glad to hear that some one in the construction industry is busy! Best wishes this weekend and w/Mr. Handsome!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home