Thursday, September 9, 2010

What Dreams May Come

Shakespeare Snobs, this is not a episode about suicide, but I couldn't think of a better title.
Last night's crazy dream: I was at my boyfriend's apartment, talking to his roommates and looking through his wallet. I don't think I'd be a snoopy, snoopy girlfriend in real life, but he'd left it there and I wanted to see if he had a picture of me. I flipped through the pics, noting many photos of his so-called homely nephew. I saw a couple of weird photos I didn't recognize, but when I asked the roommates why he didn't have a picture of me, they suggested I look again. Turning through the pictures more carefully I saw one of myself in full pioneer regalia on the family property in Colorado. I couldn't figure out why I was wearing a bonnet, but even more disturbing was my aunt in the background of the picture, stripped to the waist as she walked to our pond to skinny dip.
No, I don't have a pioneer dress, and no I don't have a boyfriend, and I absolutely cannot imagine why Melissa would have gotten into the murky pond, but you know, you can't pick your dreams.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home