Monday, November 29, 2010

My Most Pathetic Writing Month Ever

So three total posts for the month of November? I'd like to tell you it's because I've been rocking the Nanowrimo, but let's be honest... I've just been busy trying to get through life.
Still, I'm happy to report on a few things:
1) My green bean casserole at Thanksgiving was a hit. Adding a little bit of Trader Joe's smoked cheese on top gave it a new depth of flavor. Also, I modified the broccoli salad. Cranberries instead of raisins, shallots instead of purple onion, and of course, I always add cashews. Yum! I've got Corey thinking I'm the salad queen, so I need to keep adding to my repertoire. Got a good salad recipe? Pass it along! I did get a great new cabbage salad recipe from Loretta (Uncle Jimmy's mom) so that's next.
2) Nathan is coming for a visit this coming weekend. I'm trying to come up with some good stuff for us to do. Any NM ideas for me? My plan thus far is River of Lights on night, a Nativity Open House and Messiah performance another, plus holiday decorating. I hope that's not too lame.
3) I spent tons of time in the car this weekend, basically criss-crossing the state. Early Thursday morning I loaded Aunt Susie in the car, and we drove to Sylvia's for Thanksgiving. Friday (because I'm done with my Christmas shopping) we went even further south to Carlsbad to hit our friend Deborah's antique shop, and a favorite boutique, Neish & Neil. Shout out to the girls there-- Carlsbad women know how to fix up the cutest stores. From C-bad, I drove home to Los Lunas, only to get up at the bum-crack of dawn on Saturday to drive to Farmington for Jake's wedding. Thank goodness for car-time with Dallin, which made the day a lot more than bearable.
4) Yesterday was a good friend day. First, and most importantly, C-dawg is home from his week in Utah, and I'm itching to give him a big hug. Second, my little friend Judge is home from the mish, and we spent a little bit of time together yesterday. I'm stoked to see him tonight as well. Hooray for friends!

So yes, my life isn't too exciting, but at least I'm out and about, right? More to come soon. I promise this time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home