Thursday, October 28, 2010

Off the Force

So I have this friend.
Acquaintance.
More like someone I used to know.
I'd like to know him again (But not in the Biblical sense, of course).
But he contradicts everything I say.
He makes fun of me when I try to be nice.
I'm kind of wondering why I try.

Remember when I was back in college, taking statistics, and tutoring that good-looking guy? He was cute, to be sure, and I didn't mind him walking me to my acting class every Tuesday and Thursday. It was delightful, even though my heart was actually across the country with someone else at the time. I felt helpful, and truly, I felt cool.
But then remember how he suddenly stopped sitting by me? And how he didn't talk to me? And how when I finally called him up on the phone he said that the very thought of me made him want to vomit?
And do you remember how he told me that I just didn't get it, and that the meaner he was to me, the nicer I was to him?
For a long time, I wore that memory like a badge of honor. But I'm tempted to turn in the badge and throw in the towel.

1 Comments:

At October 29, 2010 at 5:17 AM , Blogger Sokphal said...

Get rid of the people that bring you down in your life...and then come visit me in DC! :) People say kids can be mean, well adults can be just as nasty as well--and we know better so that makes it worse! You are awesome! I finally bought Halloween decorations (first time ever) and we still need to catch up!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home