Friday, October 22, 2010

Recuperation

You wouldn't think doing something you love would require down time afterwards, but it's true. Just ask Sokphal (Congratulations on the 1:59 on your halfer in Toronto!). For me, it's just been post-boutique coming down. And because I've got one more half-day of sales, I really don't have any business relaxing yet, but there you go. Ironically, the best way for taking it easy after a big sale? Shopping. I've got a great jump-start on the Christmas gifts. Crazy, right? Let's just say yesterday was a really good day at T.J. Maxx (though a good number of those purchases were presents to myself-- globes, Boleslawiec, and a great Madame Alexander find).

Anyway, here are some things I thought about while in the bathtub this morning:

1. I love that all the music on my iPod was obtained legally.

2. I need to have some folks over. It'll motivate me to finish my Halloween decorations (I KNOW! Terrible!), plus it'll give me an opportunity to whip up the fancy green beans and butternut squash I bought yesterday.

3. I need to send letters to my friends Sarah and Katie.

4. Gotta do something nice for someone today... looking for a good opportunity.

5. Should I go back to Sweet Tomatoes before the Grilled Cheese Foccacia (it only happens twice a year!) is gone until March?

6. I hope I sell some stuff this weekend. Preferably enough to buy some pellets for my stove so I can heat the house this winter.

7. What kind of things would one DO at a circus party?

So as you can see, life is basically back to normal. It gives me comfort to see the rapid-fire, tangential way my mind works, even though I was proud of my laser-focus on the boutique.

OK. That's all for now.

EXCEPT: I bought an old clown cart yesterday. I don't know what I'm going to do with it, but I'm excited. Just thought I should explain rationale behind #7.

1 Comments:

At October 22, 2010 at 9:20 AM , Blogger Sokphal said...

Clown cart=cool. Getting a lion=even cooler! Thanks for the kudos! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home